• $65 per person, regular ticket. Early Bird Special – available February 28 - March 14 (normally $75 per person). Regular tickets get you: admission, heavy appetizer buffet, and free beer and wine from the bar.
• $75 per person, regular ticket. March 15 - April 20.
• $80 per person, regular ticket. April 21 - April 28 (tickets sold at the door).
• $100 per person, VIP ticket. VIP perks will include open bar (free beer, wine, and mixed drinks); a free photobooth picture with our performers; premium seating at the event; your name included in our list of sponsors in the event program; and other assorted goodies to be determined. We have a limited number of VIP tickets available, so be sure to get yours early!
Table Sales (8 people):
• $560 for a regular table - holds 8 people. Includes: admission, heavy appetizer buffet, and free beer and wine from the bar.
• $800 for a VIP table - holds 8 people. VIP perks will include open bar (free beer, wine, and mixed drinks); a free photobooth picture with our performers; premium seating at the event; your name included in our list of sponsors in the event program; and other assorted goodies to be determined. We have a limited number of VIP tickets available, so be sure to get yours early!
Thanks to many private individuals and local businesses, we're able to offer you a wide selection of items to bid on in our Silent Auction! In the past, our community sponsors have offered artwork, purses, iPad cases, health and beauty products, restaurant gift cards, furniture, an outdoor grill, jewelry, and more. Please remember that all Silent Auction purchases go to benefit the work and activities of the River Valley Equality Center! Keep an eye on this page for a sneak preview of some of the items on which you'll be able to bid.
21 West End will cater the Gala. We'll list the full catering menu here soon, but in the meantime we can promise a variety of delicious heavy appetizers, including vegetarian options.
21 West End will provide bar service. Our Gala will feature a free open bar for beer and wine, and you can pay separately for mixed drinks. (The bar will accept both cash and debit for mixed drinks.)
We'll provide a photo booth. Regular photos are free, and photos with our performers are $5 (except for VIP guests).
We promise to keep the speeches to a minimum - we realize you're here to have fun and be entertained. DJ Adam will keep the night lively with music and our performers this year are among Arkansas's most talented. They are generously donating their talents to us and the evening promises to be one you won’t forget! So please be sure to show them some love - and some tips!
MC and Miss Gay Fort Smith Pride 2010
Current Reigning Miss Gay Fort Smith Pride
Cassandra Rae Reality
Current Reigning Miss Gay Arkansas America
Miss Gay Arkansas USofA 2017
Taylor Madison Monroe
Miss Gay United States 2012
The River Valley Equality Center, a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, has been the River Valley's voice for LGBT equality since 2012. During RVEC's existence, we've grown from a handful of people meeting in a living room to a full-fledged organization providing support groups, community events, education, and more. With your help, we hope to continue our growth and the work we're doing.
Starting in 2012, we immediately focused on the critical needs of our community: peer support, empathy and compassion, companionship and togetherness. During RVEC's existence, the events we've offered have ranged from social nights to discussion groups, from memorial services to days in the park - and all of it with our foremost commitment being to use a combination of visible action, education, and social support to change misinformed hatred and prejudice to acceptance and goodwill.
The time since our last Gala has found us continuing our monthly trans* support group and keeping an eye out for the needs of the community. People frequently reach out to us for help with getting information or seeking advice for difficult situations, and we're proud to be able to help.
During the summer, for our annual Pride celebration, RVEC provided a week full of the fun events you've come to expect: a Family Fun Night at the trampoline park, a Pride Dinner, karaoke, a trip to the water park, and our Pride Brunch followed by a River Valley Pride Rally. November brought our annual Gaysgiving celebration, an evening of friendship, fun, and food.
We've also been proud to introduce our new satellite group Pathways to Freedom, focused on HIV/AIDS awareness and education. Last December found Pathways to Freedom holding its first World AIDS Day celebration, and the group continues to seek opportunities for promoting health awareness and education.
Some of you we see throughout the year at our regular events, including our support group meetings and Board meetings, our Pride celebration, and our other social events. Others of you we see only a few times a year, but we're still thrilled by your attendance and your acknowledgment of what we're doing for the River Valley with your help and support. Thank you for attending our Gala and for all you do to support RVEC!